Wednesday, February 11, 2015

surprise trip!

Can I just say, my husband ROCKS! Scott came home from work on Friday with a very exciting surprise. He spontaneously booked us a trip to Austin, TX in 2 weeks! He booked it as a Valentine's Day and 6 month anniversary gift to me. I've been in a little bit of a funk these past couple of weeks because of work and the dreary weather we've been having. I can't wait for our long weekend together in the South!

He coordinated with my college roommate who lives there now. We don't get to see each other very much because we live so far apart. The last time we saw each other was for my wedding. I was so busy that day that I didn't get to spend as much time with her as I would have liked. So, I'm thrilled to get to see her. I've been to Austin before to visit her and had such an awesome time! It helps that she's a local and can take us to all the awesome spots. I'm looking forward to warm weather, food trucks, and catching up!

We are leaving early in the morning on Friday, Feb. 20th and return very late Monday, Feb. 23rd. Scott got us a great hotel room close to downtown and close to where my roommate lives. The hotel overlooks the Colorado River and has a walking trail along the river right outside the hotel. There's a rooftop pool too, but it probably wont be warm enough to swim.

A post about our trip with lots of pictures will be coming!


xo, Mrs. Slem

No comments:

Post a Comment

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *