I made this for a work event and everyone seemed to love it! I decided to share after several people asked me to post the recipe! This is very quick and great for a cold day!
1 30oz. bag of frozen diced hash browns
1 32 oz box of chicken broth
1 can of cream of chicken soup (10 oz)
1 pkg. cream cheese (8 oz, not fat free)
3 oz bacon bits
1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
salt and pepper to taste
1. Put the hash browns in the crockpot.
2. Add in the chicken broth, cream of chicken soup and half of the bacon bits.
3. Add a pinch of salt and pepper.
4. Cook on low for 7-8 hours or until potatoes are tender.
5. An hour before serving, cut the cream cheese into small cubes. Place the cubes in the crock pot. Mix a few times throughout the hour before serving.
7. Once the cream cheese is completely mixed in, it's ready to serve. Top with cheddar cheese and some additional bacon bits.
xo, Mrs. Slem