Monday, March 9, 2015

Weekend Update


     
our girls missed each other!










I had an amazing 4 day weekend because of all the snow we got. Maggie went in to get spayed on Thursday and her surgery went well. She had to stay over night so we had a very quiet Thursday night with our old girl. Abby was thrilled to have some quiet time. I did nothing all day Thursday but watch the snow fall. We got about 7 inches. I just love how quiet everything gets when it snows. No one is out and about. Everyone is home snuggling loved ones. It's perfect!
 

                                            

I picked up Maggie on Friday. The vet said to keep her calm for 2 weeks. TWO WEEKS with a puppy is near impossible! I rented Mockingjay for us to watch. We made crab cakes for dinner and drank some brews while snuggling on the couch. It was a perfect night. Saturday we went to Mass at 4. Best decision ever. Sunday we got to sleep in, Maggie stayed quiet, we didn't have to be anywhere. I woke up to birds chirping and it felt like Spring! We took Maggie for a long walk in the hopes that she would get some energy out. We went grocery shopping and I stocked up on St. Patrick's Day goodies! I can't wait to make corned beef, cabbage, carrots, and potatoes next week! Because it felt like Spring, Scott and I decided to have a little cook-out for dinner. We made hot dogs and hamburgers! Yum!         


This morning Scott left for a work trip to Alabama. Wahh! It's my first time being alone since we've been married. I'm looking forward to enjoying the quiet but I am SO looking forward to him coming home on Wednesday. 

xo, Mrs. Slem

No comments:

Post a Comment

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *