Sunday, April 26, 2015

Bang Bang Chicken & Pasta


Here's another recipe from my fabulous friend Gianna! I adapted some of it. Scott was basically licking his plate clean. This sauce would be great on shrimp, fish, chicken tenders, pretty much anything! 

Ingredients:

  • your favorite pasta (I used linguine)
  • 3-5 boneless chicken breast, cubed
  • 2 cloves garlic, minced
  • chopped parsley for garnish
for the sauce:
  • 1/2 cup mayonnaise
  • 1/4 cup + 2 tbsp Thai sweet chili sauce
  • 1/2 tbsp honey
  • 1 tbsp sriracha sauce
  • 1 tbsp lime juice or sweet and sour sauce



Directions:

1. Lightly grease a saute pan and turn stove to medium high. Add garlic and cook until aroma of the garlic comes out. Add in chicken pieces and cook until chicken is cooked through and slightly browned.
2. In a large pot, add water and bring to a boil. Add pasta and cook until done. Drain out water when pasta is finished.
3. While pasta is cooking, prepare the sauce. In a small bowl, make the sauce by combining all ingredients and mixing with a whisk until smooth. 
4. Add chicken to pasta. Pour 2/3 of the sauce into the hot pasta and toss. Slightly warm the remaining sauce (microwave is fine). Dish out pasta onto plates and add remaining sauce on top. Garnish with parsley if you want to be fancy!

Enjoy!!

xo, Mrs. Slem

11 comments:

  1. Hello! I found your blog through a facebook group. I wonder if it's possible to make this with vegan chicken (I'm transitioning to a plant based diet). It looks delicious! Keep posting!

    -Romina @ www.dietyogaenergy.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I bet this sauce would be great on anything! Let me know if you try it!! :) xo

      Delete
  2. I wonder if this is anything like the bang bang chicken and shrimp at the Cheesecake Factory. That is my favorite dish. I pinned this for later. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. you'll have to let me know. It was similar to the one at Bonefish Grill so hopefully it's similar to the Cheesecake Factory too! Enjoy ☺️ xo

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. it's so so good! and great even for leftovers...possibly even better!

      Delete
  4. I have some chicken at home I might even make this for dinner tonight!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Nicole! Did you end up making it? I'd love to hear if you liked it! xo

      Delete
  5. this sounds lovely! Saving for later!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. mm mmm good! 😜 you'll have to let me know what you think when you make it!

      Delete
  6. Oooooohhhhh yum! I love anything with sweet chile sauce in it! Thanks for sharing and joining the party!

    ReplyDelete

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *